Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer Time

Summer time when I was a kid:






Summer time now:


Am I alone here? Really, I mean when I was under five feet, I loved Summer. I counted the days down until break. And! I was actually sad to go back the next year.

Now, however, I have grown taller (sort of) and hate this terrible, extended, and utlimately, pointless break. I mean, what am I supposed to do with myself? What did I do last year? Should I read? Should I sleep? Should I watch tv all day? What is the meaning of this?!

I just become bored easily. I also procrastinate. I mean, I should be editing my book, but then I think: "Hey, go check the mail." "Hey, go check the fridge." "Hey, go put tape on the bottom of the cat's feet." And maybe I will get to writing after that. Really though, I just make it to my computer and then I end up on Facebook or some other stupid site.

Hm. I could post some writings here. I could edit the first couple of chapters and post it here for comments and junk.

Yeah! I'll do that! Thank the happy days for goals. I would be a lost wandering child without them.

What was this post even about? Oh yeah, Summer. I have been told that the point of this vacation - or bored hell - is because children used to have to help with "the harvest" and could not attend school. Whether this is true or not is above me, but I am quite sure none of us kids are helping with any sort of harvest. I would prefer school to be longer with more week long breaks. I drown with any more free time on my plate.

And by the way, the date for me to leave is July 3rd! I am definitely counting the days down to that!


Also this:




This is what boredom leads to.

No comments:

Post a Comment