Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Offending Gingers

If it is not obvious by the title of this blog or the picture to the right, I am of the redheaded race. To be honest, I never thought much of my hair color. I mean, hair is hair. The only thing that ever bothered me about it while growing up was that it would never stay straight when I wanted it straight. Ha, how petty.

I bring this up because the internet has this odd fascination with the ginger race. I think it is the soulless part. They must be jealous. What is quite odd, is how offended and heated people become when someone cracks a "ginger joke". Anyways, check out the link below.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/the-18-most-offensive-things-people-say-to-redheads


Honestly, I have heard every single one of these - except number four - and I laugh at each. I have to say, I appreciate the South Park episode that brought our soullessness to light. The public had to find out sooner or later anyways. People should just learn to laugh at themselves. You will never change a person's mind by being offended and shouting - take the annoyed ginger boy's rant on Youtube for example - so why not laugh and throw another joke in?

Most people do not comment on redhair for the sake of offending someone; it is an obnoxious comment, not a malicious one. I mean, they might want to offend you, and it that is their intent, calmly remind them that a lack of soul means a lack of remorse when you are standing over their dead body.


No comments:

Post a Comment