Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Music Post

Ok, this will not become a habit, I promise. This blog does not exist for me to post fangirl obsessions, but I will share this video because it holds relevance to my writing.

So then,



Yes, 30 Seconds to Mars.
Love love love
But not purely for obsessed teenage girl reasons!

What I really like about their music is how each song seems to be background noise for an epic event. Mostly so with their album This Is War, each song is like a different battle in whatever War is happening within the music.

Usually, this is what is playing when I work on Withering and Wakening. I want the story to feel 'epic' when people read it. I do not want readers to have a sense of "Oh, this takes place in one little city." or "Oh how cute! They are having a battle!"

NO!

I want that epic feeling people experience when watching Cloud Atlas or even Avatar! Personally, I become frustrated when I read an "adventure" book and the characters barely move anywhere. I want to read stories that take its reader to other places, not cities we kind of, sort of, maybe possibly, have been to. No. Boring.

The point of sharing this song was because it evokes a certain feeling in its listener. It is the same feeling I wish for people to feel within my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment