Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Rechel & Jun

I cannot even remember how I came across this Youtube page, especially considering I am never on said site, but for the past hour, I have been obsessed with this channel!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyHusbandisJapanese/featured

Basically, it is a bunch of videos about Japanese culture and what it is like being there as a foreigner. Since I plan on working in Japan and with Japanese companies (remember, future translator here) I found their videos quite interesting and very funny at times. The channel features a married couple, Rechel and Jun. Rechel is from America, majored in Asian Studies, and Jun is from the land of the rising sun, majoring in English Language.

But the best part is...

Wait for it!

Rechel is a fellow Ginger! Check out this video!


I had one of those odd moments where I sensed a kindled spirit. But then I remember that I was just watching Youtube. Sigh, fellow redhead at heart then.

I will say, she brought up an interesting point in her video. In America, we call red-hair 'red' even thought it is actually orange. Rechel mentions that many people in Japan comment, "Oh, but your hair is orange, not red!" It made me laugh. Ha, ginger humor...

Seriously though, these are good videos for those interested in Japanese culture. They give great tips on learning the language and on customs and such. They also respond to questions and comments, so feel free to shoot a question on anything you want to know!

Oh, and this cat:


Cats that can open doors. Our world is heading in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment